Monday, October 6, 2014

Choosing to live boldly

I'm having trouble writing a post today. My excuse? I'm tired. Lame excuse, I know. But I'm pretty sure it's harder to write about something that involves energy when you don't have any to spare.

Which got me thinking: is it possible to have a bold day if you can't summon a little bit of flamboyance? Can you live boldly when you're short on sleep, have a headache, or want to hide in a cave for a couple of months?

In my current state of tiredness, I feel 90 percent justified in saying no, it's not worth it, try again tomorrow. But I also know that it's easy to live a certain way when conditions are ideal; it's when conditions throw you through a loop that truly test your character.

This doesn't mean you're a failure if you come up short. That sort of thing is just going to happen, and nothing useful will come out of beating yourself up over it. But I think there's a lot to be gained if you incorporate boldness into your life even on days it feels like too much.

The other posts are here. There will be a quiz at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment