Monday, October 27, 2014

Boldly living in the present

I have this problem where I get so excited about the future that I forget to live in the present. I can so clearly visualize how things are going to be that sometimes I'll ignore opportunities that have no potential to lead to the future I've envisioned.

Which is pretty dumb. Especially since my plans for the future always take longer than I think they will. You miss out on so many "now" experiences when your focus is solely on the future.

It's good to have a plan for the future. But something I have to constantly remind myself is that we don't live in the future; we live in the present. It's so much easier for me to focus on outcomes, but the journey is just as important.

Bold living can help you accomplish your goals. It can make some great things happen. But it can also help you live every day to the fullest, and even take you places you didn't plan on going. We spend most of our lives trying to get somewhere, but the journey is not simply a means to an end. The journey is where we do our living. Bold living is one of many ways to help us truly appreciate the present.

We're in the final stretch now. This index is almost full. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment