Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Monday holidays

I'm usually a big fan of Monday holidays, primarily because they make Sundays so much more enjoyable. They also demonstrate that the world can be merciful at times because, 2-4 times a year (depending on whether you get MLK Day and Presidents' Day off), we get to skip Tuesday. Yes, technically we play on Monday and resume our normal lives on Tuesday, but if it's the first day of the work week my brain is forced into Monday Mode.

What is Monday Mode, you ask? It means that I slept very little the night before, that I'm not fully awake until 11:30 a.m., that I have extra work to do, and that the only thing I want to do after work is put my pajamas on and read/watch TV.

Then I realize that tomorrow is Wednesday, the middle of the week, and the future suddenly looks so much brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment