Saturday, September 22, 2012

Orange

Today, my favorite color is orange.

It's the color of the fake flowers I bought today and that serve as a subtle reminder that I have a place of my own to fill with my own homey things.

It's the color of the withering leaves underneath the trees that stand guard over the homes of my neighbors.

It's the color that streaks across the sky as the sun sets a little sooner than it did yesterday.

It's the color of the light that shines out of the lamp posts outside that look remarkably like the lamp post from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

It's the color of the warm glow emitting from window after window, where families are gathered together after a long, lazy Saturday to visit or watch football.

It's the color of my fluffy slippers that will soon replace my flip flops.

Welcome to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment