Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Soreness

I really like going on walks. Now that it's finally warm outside, I've abandoned my halfhearted inside workout routines for daily 40-minute walks.

That is, until Monday. It was raining, and I wasn't in a good enough mood to walk outside in the rain. So I holed up inside, did my homework like a good girl, and then did a 25-minute full-body workout. No sweat, literally.

The next day, I played softball and used muscles I haven’t used for a year. And despite my statement that I can play any position but catcher, I ended up playing catcher, which means I did more work than anyone else on the field.

The result? All of my leg muscles above the knee feel like they're being smashed by a piano whenever I get out of my chair. My throwing arm gets stiffer every hour. And pretty soon there will be no guarantee that I'll be able to breathe again after I twist or laugh.

They say walking provides the widest breadth of physical benefits. 

Ha.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. I laughed upon reading this but I feel your pain. :)

    ReplyDelete