Monday, September 13, 2010

100,000 miles and counting

My car hit 100,000 miles today. Which is kind of a miracle because I bought it over two years ago when it had 87,000 miles on it. And I even delivered pizza with it for a little while.

As I've been sitting at home, networking and playing, the main thing I've missed about working/going to school is the half-hour drive. I have always loved driving, and since I got an iPod a few years ago, driving became infinitely more fun. The time I spend alone in my car is time that I treasure. When I was living with roommates, it is what kept me sane. I need my alone time, and driving in my car while singing along with my favorite music is the best kind of alone time there is.

It gets even better during this time of year, too. I remember delivering some pizzas to Woodland Hills during October and I was astonished by the beauty of the nature around me. Elk Ridge is beautiful, but Woodland Hills might top Elk Ridge during the fall. I'm looking forward to going for more drives over the next few months.

I kind of hope that once I get a job, I'll always have a half-hour drive to look forward to every day, to and from work. There are few things that can soothe me like a nice, relaxing drive with my Sing, Sing, Sing playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment