Today I felt like Mother Nature gave us all a gift. It was like she said, "I'm sorry January and February sucked more than usual this year; let me give you a warm, sunny day as a preview of things to come." Well, Mother Nature, January and February were unusually bad this year, but I suppose I can forgive you--but only because the suckiness wasn't entirely your fault.
My first acknowledged "The Worst Is Over" Day, so far, has gone down like this:
- Today was a happy Friday, not a mad Friday.
- I slept in until 7:08.
- I wore a short-sleeved T-shirt for the first time in who knows how long. And not just any T-shirt--my Jimmer shirt. This pretty much guarantees a good day.
- It was almost 40 degrees when I drove to work this morning. That's 20 degrees warmer than it's been since . . . November?
- When I stepped outside at noon I didn't want to cower back inside. I felt the warmth from the sun and my sturdy leather jacket felt a bit out of season.
- I went to Cafe Rio for lunch with the girls.
- As we were pulling out of the parking lot stuffed to our ears with Mexican food, I spotted a bee on the driver's side window. The driver jumped into my lap and frantically tried to roll down the window with her boot. I know that bee stings are lethal for a lot of people, but I get some insane pleasure out of watching people's inner girls come out every time a half-inch-long insect comes buzzing innocently by.
- I've been reminded once again that I have awesome co-workers.
- I got two really good pieces of news. That shoulder massage I've been wanting for weeks? Yeah, totally don't need it anymore. Not that I would turn down any offers, though.
- I have an awesome hermit night to look forward to--nothing but laundry, a good book, and my new favorite TV show, Parenthood, waiting for me at home.
- I also have my first post high school spring break waiting for me just around the corner.
The only downside to this day is that I finished the last of my Cadbury mini eggs yesterday. I must go buy more.