Thursday, May 19, 2011

"When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May"

I love the song "My Girl," but it LIES. It's cold outside, but thinking about the month of May just makes me mad. It's been raining for 4 DAYS STRAIGHT, and I'm not seeing any end in sight. So much for cliches like "April showers bring May flowers." I'm starting to feel like the girls from 7 Brides for 7 Brothers who sing songs about the never-ending winter to alleviate their annoyance and frustration. Actually, I think they were just bored.

Then again, that particular line from "My Girl" could be stating the truth while seeming to say the opposite. It could just be saying that it's cold outside because it's the month of May. Stupid.

As much as I love the rain, I do believe that all things should come in moderation. So when the streets are flooding and rain continues to fall, that's not moderation--that's . . . the opposite of moderation, but I can't think of the word at the moment. I can't even enjoy the green grass and pretty blossoms because they are drowning in gloominess.

I just want to be able to go outside without the need for a jacket or closed-toes shoes. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment