A few things I am grateful for as I sit next to the Christmas tree in the warm living room while sipping a cup of cocoa:
- The fact that I went to bed early last night so that I was actually chipper at 7 am (that only happens about once a year) and got to enjoy the fresh snow and Christmas lights for a few minutes before the sun was fully up.
- My job interview in Salt Lake was yesterday and not today.
- The adventure of taking Kimberly to the bus stop.
- The fact that Kimberly got stuck so that she couldn't drive her dying car in the middle of a storm.
- The fact that we made it to the bus stop in time (despite the incredibly slow minivan in front of us) so that I didn't have to drive all the way to Provo.
- The 3 snow-themed songs in a row that I heard on my way back to Elk Ridge after dropping Kimberly off at the bus stop.
- Good tires. My car rocks, even though it has no personality.
- The adventure of unburying Kimberly's car and getting stuck twice while driving it around the block.
- A brother with muscle and a love for things with motors.
- The fact that Tyrel finally stopped talking about iPads and other i-things so that he can plow Brother King's driveway before he goes to work.
- I finally get the snow day I've always wanted—no work or school for me!!!!
And even though it took me an hour to write this post because I had to keep going outside to unbury or move something, it is still snowing. It's going to be an awesome day.