Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Some pet peeves


  • The phrase "That's too funny!" How can something be too funny? Is there a limit to a person's threshold for funnyness? Will I explode if I accidentally read or hear something that crosses the appropriately funny line? Has "That's soooooooooooooooooo funny" gone out of style? Or is this just another example of ridiculous political correctness trying to appease .000037% of the population that gets some sick pleasure out of finding offense in everything that exists?*  
  • When restaurants close at 9:00 p.m.
  • When Thanksgiving is less than a month before Christmas.
  • Jiffy Lube.
  • When people are too busy complaining about the cold and the snow to appreciate the magic of a winter wonderland. If you're one of those people, please move to Mexico.
  • When someone hands me candy instead of chocolate.
  • When BYU basketball games take place before 5:00 p.m. on weekdays.
  • When musicians record one song, insert a ginormous break, and then record another song, all in the same track. WHY DO THEY DO THIS? IT MAKES NO SENSE.
  • When you work on a day most people take off and email is down.
*It's probably just one of those unexplainable language phenomenons caused by airheads.

2 comments:

  1. I like that your first pet peeve is grammar related and that its a whole paragraph long. I find it humorous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my grammar-related pet peeves require at least a paragraph for me to express my feelings.

    ReplyDelete