Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April showers

My car is covered in dried raindrop splatters. I have to use artificial lighting a lot more at home because the heavy clouds outside don't let much sunlight in. The dip in the sidewalk by my apartment is always full of water when I leave for work in the morning. The world smells like it's being baptized in spring.

I love April showers.

Yesterday I went for a walk in the rain. Sadly, it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be. It was annoyingly windy and temperatures dropped down to the 40s. Listening to Jill and Eustace travel to the land of the giants through four feet of snow didn't really make me feel warmer, either. Plus, water droplets kept collecting on my glasses. A huge pet peeve of mine.

I think I'll save my rain walks for the summer. There are plenty of other ways to enjoy April showers, like burrowing into the couch and studying material for brand new classes. As much as I've loved the extra sunlight we've been getting the past month, rainy days unearth little delights that sunny days only cast shadows on.

No comments:

Post a Comment