Friday, November 30, 2012

Gratefuls: Nov 26–30

Nov 26: My homework isn't so important that it can't be put off for a day.

Nov 27: Opportunities to relive the past. These opportunities come up more often than you might think. Sometimes, they make you sad because they act as painful reminders that time is the great destroyer and that things can't be the same again. But other times, it's like no time has passed at all and everything feels . . . right, just like it did before. People say you shouldn't live in the past, but I think it's okay to treasure those opportunities to relive the past when they come. God knows I hate change, and each chance he gives me to temper the severance of change is a tender mercy.

Nov 28: Pure, milk chocolate. Especially the kind that can only be bought from obscure companies that rely on high school kids saving up for choir tour to make sales.

Nov 29: Pictures of my nephews. Especially the one of them sitting in the snow. Jaxson's expression of ultimate betrayal is priceless.

Nov 30: It's Friday! Even though I have hours of suffering (i.e., homework that I've been putting off that must be faced) waiting for me this weekend, at least I won't have to go to work too. And, whether I'm ready or not, everything will be turned in by Sunday at midnight. Maybe I'll be a little bit less of a stress ball next week. I doubt it, but I can always hope.

1 comment: