Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012, you are most welcome

I wonder if anyone ever feels sadness at the end of a year. Sadness that the year is over, I mean. As far as I can tell, people are generally ready for a new year because they either (a) had a very bad year, or (b) are looking forward to the next one.

For me, 2011 was full of intense highs, intense lows, and everything in between. It was a bit of a refiner's fire year for me, and I certainly came out a much stronger person than I was going in. However, let's not have another one exactly like it, okay?

My brain has been drained of its intellectual juices, my pajamas all need to be washed, and I have overindulged myself with relaxation the past week; I'm ready to start doing my hair and wearing makeup again, using my brain, and chucking out the sweets and pulling out the running shoes. And those new years resolutions? Yeah, I'm excited for those, too.

So, welcome, 2012! Thanks for giving us another chance at a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment